Alphabet soup: Homecooked stop-motion animation with your phone mit Doro Ottermann
→ In this workshop we’ll learn how to do simple and easy stop-motion animations using the smartphone and things we find at home. No special equipment needed, but bring your own phone or ipad and make sure to download the app “stopmotion studio” in advance. Also bring your in-ear headphones with the volume control if you still got any of those. Alphabeth noodles and other kinda useful props and equipment will be provided.
We’ll start with a short introduction into stop-motion animation. Doro also will tell you all the funny mistakes you definitely have to repeat and/or avoid in the future. We’ll then do our very first own animation using noodles, paper, pencil and probably things we just accidentally find in our handbag. Please note: we won’t do Disney-style animation. Things are gonna be wonky and handmade.
At a glance
- The workshop runs for 4 hours.
- There are up to 15 participants. The workshop takes place from a minimum group size of 5 people.
- Don’t forget your smartphone with “stopmotion studio” (iOS/Android) installed.
- No previous knowledge ist required for the workshop but I’d recommend to prepare some special unique swear words just in case something goes wrong.
- The participation costs 145 € (incl 19 % VAT).