Glyphs: Introduction to Type Design mit Sol Matas
1This workshop is suitable for designers and those in love with typography. You don’t need to have any previous experience in type design, but you will have a better time if you have some experience drawing Bézier vectors (e.g., with Adobe apps such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
What you will learn:
In this one day session, you will be introduced to the type design process and you will have the essential technical knowledge to start your own font. You will create a font from scratch and after attending this workshop you will be able to continue the work on your font by yourself.
• Basics of drawing
• Digitizing, adding diacritical marks
• Spacing and kerning
• Generating the font and testing it in Adobe apps
2 At a glance
- The workshop runs for seven hours plus breaks.
- You must bring your own MacBook with a full or trial version of Glyphs 2 already installed. Download a free 30-day trial from glyphsapp.com/buy.
- There are up to 16 participants. The workshop takes place from a minimum group size of 5 people.
- The participation costs 120 €.