Glyphs: An Introduction to Type Design with Sol Matas
→ This workshop is suitable for designers and those in love with typography. You don’t need to have any previous experience in type design, but you will have a better time if you have some experience drawing Bézier vectors (e.g., with Adobe apps such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
What you will learn:
In this one day session, you will be introduced to the type design process and you will have the essential technical knowledge to start your own font. You will create a font from scratch and after attending this workshop you will be able to continue the work on your font by yourself.
• Basics of drawing
• Digitizing, adding diacritical marks
• Spacing and kerning
• Generating the font and testing it in Adobe apps
At a glance
- The workshop runs for seven hours plus breaks.
- You must bring your own MacBook with a full or trial version of Glyphs 2 already installed. Download a free 30-day trial from glyphsapp.com/buy.
- There are up to 15 participants. The workshop takes place from a minimum group size of 5 people.
- The participation costs 130 € (incl. 19 % VAT).